RAW CAULIFLOWER "TABOULI" SALAD (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, ALLIUM-FREE, NIGHTSHADE-FREE)


One of my favorite things about eating largely raw is how forgiving my experiments seem to be. With fresh, local vegetables and fruits, the flavors are so rich and refreshing that a little bit goes a long way, and the science in the kitchen just doesn't need to be so exact. As a result, many of the "recipes" I'll be sharing with you will kind of be a glorified list of ingredients. Taste as you go, season to your palate, and remember that you don't need as many spices and seasonings as when you cook. Here is a recent favorite of mine, which my husband has been enjoying with me. This recipe has been entered into Ricki's Summer Wellness Weekend event. Go here to check out the other entries.)


RAW CAULIFLOWER "TABOULI" SALAD
I MD HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER
1/2 CUP CHOPPED CHUNKS OF CUCUMBER
1 LG HANDFUL OF CILANTRO
1 LG HANDFUL OF PARSLEY
SPLASH OF OLIVE OIL
CUMIN, CORIANDER & SEA SALT TO TASTE
OPTIONAL: LEMON, GARLIC, DULSE

CHOP CAULIFLOWER INTO CHUNKS, AND PUT INTO FOOD PROCESSOR, HANDFULS AT A TIME AS IT BREAKS DOWN THE CHUNKS. CHOP THE HERBS. TRANSFER THE PROCESSED CAULIFLOWER (SHOULD BE ROUGHLY THE SIZE OF COUS COUS, BUT A BIT LARGER) INTO A BOWL, AND ADD THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS. EAT AS A SALAD, OR IN A RAW COLLARD OR CHARD LEAF WRAP, PERHAPS WITH SOME AVOCADO OR TAHINI IF IT SUITS YOUR FANCY.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

I think my previous comment got eaten--sorry! Thanks for helping to kick off the event with this great recipe--just my kind of thing for the summer!

GLOW said...

You're always welcome; thanks for hosting the event!

Post a Comment